I am not a big fan of Apple products, though I found MacBook Air very interesting, when saw it’s preview. I think it is a new generation notebook which claims of being the thinnest notebook. But I also come to hear about the Thinkpad X300 from Lenovo. It is also an interesting notebook that we have as an option of MacBook Air.
- Thinkpad has dimension of 12.5 x 9.1 x 0.73 inches where as MacBookAir’s dimension is 12.8 x 8.94 x 0.7 inches.
- Thinkpad comes with removable battery while MacBook have non removable battery. I know it doesn’t make a big difference, but still it is a good feature that think pad have. You can choose battery that gives upto 10 hours backup in case of Thinkpad. But in case of MacBook, you have only one choice of battery, which gives backup of 5 hours.
- Thinkpad has Eithernet as well as Wi-Fi, but MacBook has Wi-Fi only.
- Thinkpad comes with 3 USB Port and a DVD Drive. While MacBook comes with only one USB Port and no DVD in it.
- Memory of Thinkpad can be upgraded upto 4 GB. While MacBook have maximum 2 GB memory with no option to upgrade.
Here it is also worth mentioning that Thinkpad X 300 is more professional oriented. That’s why importance is given to performance, security and backup over looks. It also has some drawbacks like it comes with no Hard Disk, but a 64 MB SSD Drive, which is not ideal in terms of storage. But still I think, it will give tough competition to MacBook Air in the market.